|Location:||City of Industry, CA|
|Benefits:||We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including: health and dental insurance, 401K, participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) and more. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We are currently seeking a new Controller at our manufacturing facility in City of Industry, CA. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with proven leadership capability and experience directing the financial activities of a branch manufacturing location. This is an exciting position that offers a great deal of potential growth and career advancement for the right candidate.|
|Duties:||• Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.|
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general and entity accounting, cost accounting, and operations.
• Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
• Supervise overall CA Branch Operations (including: Safety, Security, Computer Services and Building Maintenance)
• Comply with federal, state, and local requirements by studying new legislation enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, advising management on needed actions.
• Prepare/supervise monthly close process for branch location.
• Issue monthly management reports summarizing financial activities.
• Analyze and recommend branch capital expenditure requests.
• Supervise payment of branch bills and collections on customer accounts.
• Provide analytical support as requested to Branch General Manager and Corporate CFO.
• Coordinate inter-company activity with Corporate Controller and department.
• Direct preparation of annual budget and supporting documentation.
• Implement cost containment programs and analyze opportunity for improvement in branch operations.
• Provide focus on management of inventory and receivable levels for the branch location.
• Oversee and reviewthe preparation of monthly balance sheets, operating statements and related reports to ensure their accuracy and conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. Prepare monthly analysis for presentation to the Executive team.
• Prepare management reports as needed.
• Direct accounting efforts in preparation for the annual audit and coordinate efforts with independent auditors.
|Qualifications:||Essential requirements include:|
• Bachelors degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master's a plus
• 4+ years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Manufacturing background required.
• CPA license is preferred but not required.
• General knowledge of accounting practices and procedures (GAAP) to direct general accounting functions within a computerized accounting system and to assure compliance in presentation of financial information.
Desired skills include:
• Leadership organizational awareness.
• Knowledge of investment principles and practices.
• Advanced computer knowledge and skills.
• Advanced knowledge of financial planning and control.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.