Quality Assurance PC Technician
|Benefits:||Equus employees enjoy working here because of their Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is an 100% employee owned benefit plan that provides employees with an ownership interest in the company they work for. Under an ESOP, Equus employees are empowered and directly benefit from their hard work and the success of the company. An ESOP gives employees a greater sense of ownership, and is a great instrument for attracting and retaining talent. For partners, Equus' ESOP signifies dedicated support from employees who are committed to providing a first-rate product and continued follow-through. Additional employee benefits include competitive salary, corporate benefits package includes Medical & Dental plan, 401k Savings plan, ESOP participation plan, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Vacation Leave, Life Insurance, FSA (Flexible Spending Account).|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Equus Computer Systems is currently looking for a Quality Assurance PC Technician to join our team located in Roselle, IL (Chicago IL market). |
The position leads our In-Process and Final Inspection Programs including sampling, product and materials inspection, data entry, data analysis and reporting; final product inspection processes; and other support activities and special projects as assigned by the Site Manager / Quality Assurance Manager.
KEYWORDS: Computer Hardware, Quality Assurance Technician, QA inspection, QA processes, PC computers, PC hardware, Electronics equipment, Computer product testing
|Duties:||• Inspect desktop and PC computer server equipment according to customized customer build requirements for quality issues related to PC assembly and imaging|
• Verify PC product build accuracy with various material and finished goods specifications
• Record inspection data analysis efforts
• Develop, review and revise QMS procedures
• Provide input for process improvement of quality and inspection related to PC manufacturing processes and documentation
• Support corrective action efforts for materials and finished PC products
• Support ESD control, PC equipment calibration and other quality processes
• Perform other QA audit related activities as needed to support PC product, materials, production and quality process
• Prior hands-on experience within computer manufacturing, computer equipment, technical or electronics manufacturing industry experience
• PC Computer or electronics equipment product inspection experience especially within QA or Product assembly
• Must be adaptable to work within rapid changing work environment as needs of the business and customer demands
• Must be flexible to work on special projects related to QA testing / processes
• Must have excellent verbal / written communication to effectively communicate QA reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and management team
• Must have intermediate level experience MS Excel and MS Outlook
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs
• Prior experience working with PC Computers, Hard drives, Laptop / PC equipment, Electronics or Computer testing environment highly desirable
• 1-2 years from IT Technical School
• 1-2 years entry-level IT work experience related to Level 1 Help Desk and/or Computer PC support specialist role (Tier 1)
• Previous experience with MS Access
ABOUT EQUUS COMPUTER SYSTEMS:
Equus Computer Systems is the leading provider of integrated computing, managed, and mobile solutions to the North American value-added reseller channel. Equus has custom-to-built, ready-to-ship, business-class desktop, notebook, smartphone, tablet, PC workstation, IT server, and PC storage solutions. The success of Equus stems from quality, efficiency and value.
Since 1989, Equus Computer Systems has established itself as one of America's leading provider of build to order computer systems with 6 regional manufacturing and service centers which provide national coverage with a local presence. Equus Computer Systems is providing solutions to the needs of business to business as well as vertical markets such as medical, security, audio/visual, point of sale and much more. Education and government agencies look to Equus for technology to meet their changing needs and requirements. Our systems are delivered through an extensive network of value added resellers, system integrators, and original equipment manufacturers who develop custom software applications for embedded and vertical markets. Equus recognizes the importance of utilizing name brand components and adheres to the ISO 9001 specifications.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.